Eric Henzy, Partner
Eric Henzy is a partner at Zeisler & Zeisler. He has extensive experience representing debtors, creditors' committees, secured and unsecured creditors and other parties in bankruptcy cases and out-of-court workouts.
Eric has appeared in bankruptcy courts around the country and has represented parties in a number of the first hedge fund insolvencies in the country. He has first-chair tried more than thirty contested matters and adversary proceedings to judgment. Prior to joining Zeisler & Zeisler, Eric practiced in the bankruptcy group at Reid and Riege in Hartford; and previously, at the New York firm Milbank, Tweed, Hadley and McCloy. He also served as law clerk to the Honorable Alan H. W. Shiff, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the District of Connecticut.
Eric is AV® Preeminent™ Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review rated. He has been selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers (Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law / Insolvency & Reorganization Law: 2006 - 2018) and Connecticut Super Lawyers since 2007. He was named “Hartford Best Lawyers Litigation - Bankruptcy Lawyer of the Year” for 2018 and 2016; and “Hartford Best Lawyers Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law / Insolvency & Reorganization Law Lawyer of the Year” for 2014.
Eric sits on the board of the Young People's Center for Creative Arts.
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Business Litigation
- Creditor/Debtor Rights
- Commercial Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Arbitration and Mediation
Publications & Presentations
- "Adding Fuel to the Fire: Second Circuit's Decision Increases the Cost of Terminating a Defined Benefit Pension Plan in Bankruptcy," Connecticut Turnaround Management Association Newsletter (June 2009)
- "Hedge Fund Workouts and Chapter 11 Cases," American Bankruptcy Institute 15th Annual Northeast Bankruptcy Conference (July 2009)
- "Market Volatility, The Credit Crisis and The Hedge Fund Industry: Selected Bankruptcy Issues," Connecticut Department of Banking Securities Forum 2008: Weathering the Economic Storm (October 2008)
- "Hedge Fund Receiverships," American Bankruptcy Institute 13th Annual Northeast Bankruptcy Conference (July 2006)
- "Offshore and 'Other Shore' Asset Protection Trusts," 32 Vanderbilt Journal of Transactional Law 739 (1999)
- "The Use of Trusts for Asset Protection," Vanderbilt University Law School Symposium on The International Trust (February 1999)
- "The Effect of 11 U.S.C. § 541(c)(2) on Offshore and Other Trusts," 3rd Annual Connecticut Bankruptcy Symposium (1998)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- Business and Litigation Sections
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section
- Turnaround Management Association
- Connecticut (1995)
- New York (1989)
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut (1993)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York (1992)
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York (1992)
- University of Connecticut School of Law (J.D., 1988)
- University of Connecticut (B.A., 1984)